Our Environmental, Health, and Safety Policy.
American Refining Group (ARG) is committed to the long-term sustainability of the company for the benefits of our shareholders, our employees, the community, and our business partners. We honor our Environmental, Health, and Safety Policy (EH&S) by conducting all aspects of our business in a safe, clean, and responsible manner.
ARG’s commitment to high standards of EH&S performance is supported by the leadership team. We drive continual improvement in search of excellence in each of these principles:
- Injury Prevention: Strive to ensure an accident- and injury-free workplace.
- Process Safety: Minimize incidents related to loss of primary containment.
- Environmental Stewardship: Minimize adverse effects of our operations on the environment.
- Emergency Preparedness: Maintain emergency preparedness and response program to protect personnel in and around our facilities.
- Continual Improvement: Set objectives and key process indicators to help achieve EH&S excellence.
- Risk Management: Identify risks and develop mitigative measures until sufficiently addressed.
- Communications: Issue transparent communications on our EH&S commitments to stakeholders.
- Sustainability: Equally consider environmental responsibility alongside social and financial responsibility to meet the needs of the present generation without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
- Learning Organization: Promote an organization that supports education and learns from past incidents to prevent future occurrences.
- Regulatory Compliance: Strive to meet all EH&S regulations and actively participate in the rule-making process as necessary.
- Life Critical Safety Standards: Demand excellence from employees and contractors involved in work within the categories of confined space, energy isolation, hot work, working at heights, and working under live loads.